Just when you thought you knew everything about your favorite heartthrob, you stumble upon little-known facts about him that only the most die-hard fans had the “stalking” tendencies to research about. It’s quite natural that you don’t know every little detail about Justin Bieber’s quirks, preferences, talents, and basically, his entire life.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t find out all you can about one of the most popular stars of today. Check out the following stalker-approved facts about Justin Bieber:
1) Justin taught himself to play a number of musical instruments.
While it is common knowledge that Justin is one of the most popular performers of his generation, few people are aware that he has himself to thank for being able to play a number of musical instruments. He instructed himself on how to play the guitar, trumpet, and the piano. On top of it all, he also took lessons to play the drum. ‘Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” by Bob Dylan was among the first songs Justin was able to learn on the guitar.
2) He came in second at his first ever talent contest.At a tender age of 12 years old, Justin was able to get his first taste of defeat at a local talent contest. He was able to muster enough courage to perform at this competition despite stating his preference to keep his musical inclinations from the world. While his rendition of Ne-Yo’s “So Sick” only got him the second place, the video of his performance, which his mom posted on YouTube, gave him his first big break. Scooter Braun eventually saw that video, and from there, the rest is history.
3) He paid for his and his mom’s first trip to Disneyland by singing on the streets.While others had to content themselves with a few bucks earned from working at their summer jobs, the young Justin Bieber was able to procure as much as $3,000! He got this considerable amount of money by singing his heart out in front of the Stratford Theater the summer after his first talent competition. He then proceeded to take his mom on their first ever trip to Disneyland. How sweet was that?
4) He tends to get uncomfortable in cramped, closed-in spaces.Another of the least known Justin Bieber facts is that the star is claustrophobic. Among all other uncomfortable situations, being inside an elevator filled with other people is when he tends to be the most ill at ease. Well, who can blame the Beebs for feeling that way? Only a few people, if any, wouldn’t be uneasy in such a scenario. So if you lucky girls and guys find yourselves riding the same elevator as Justin, be sure to give him ample space and not cramp him into a corner. He may feel grateful enough to give you a free ticket to one of his shows. Here’s to wishful thinking!
5) Justin has five incredible tattoos on his body.
Around the 16th year of his life, Justin got his first tattoo inked on his left hip. He brought his dad along for that milestone, and since then, has gotten more tats. Today, his tattoos consist of a drawing of praying hands, an outline of Jesus, “Believe”, and the Hebrew translation of “Jesus” on his body. Perhaps, his next love interest may be lucky enough to get her name tattooed on the Beebs’ body as well. Wonder who that fortunate lady will be.
6) His singing at your birthday party will cost you around $2,000 to $8,000 an hour.Everyone knows that the young singer is raking in a lot of money, but not a lot of people are aware of the specifics. Well, it isn’t easy to get ahold of such facts about Justin Bieber, but you can be sure that you’ll be paying as much as $8000 per hour if you hire the Beebs for your next party. It may sound a bit too much, yet that’s the price of getting the world-famous Bieber to show up, perform, and delight your guests.
7) He doesn’t have a specific “make-out” song.When asked about which song he favors for making out with a special girl, Justin couldn’t think of one. He only laughed and said, to paraphrase, that he wasn’t the type to want to make out upon hearing a specific song. He also couldn’t name one zombie book he likes in particular.
8) He doesn’t like Uggs!
Bieber admitted in an interview in 2010 that he found Ugg boots ugly and large, round sunglasses equally unattractive. While this Justin Bieber fact may be inconsequential for guys and non-fans, it is a tidbit that every girl looking to capture the star’s interest should know about. His designer, whoever she or he may be, undoubtedly has taken note of this interesting information.
9) A photographer got himself killed while trying to get a picture of Justin.At the start of 2013, a photographer by the name of Chris Guerra got killed while crossing the street after he got a glimpse of the star’s car. He was reportedly trying to capture a picture of Justin, who ironically was not inside the car at that unfortunate moment.
10) There are four Justin Biebers in the world!Okay, so there’s only one breathing singing sensation, but there are three wax replicas of JB in existence. Crafted by Tussauds, these three wax figures can be found in London, Amsterdam, and New York. Each is attired in a different outfit, but all of them sport the same floppy hair that Justin is recognized all over the world for.
11) He always forgets to pack his toothbrush.Whenever Justin travels, it always slips his mind to pack his toothbrush. He has to ask the front desk of each hotel he stays at to furnish him with a new one. Well, you can just bet that the hoteliers are more than willing to accommodate his request. It is, after all, Justin Bieber.
12) During one of his shows, JB broke his foot onstage.If anyone ever questions the singer’s sense of professionalism, this broken-foot incident will prove once and for all how much Justin values his work and his fans. Despite the pain he must have been feeling, he finished the song, and no one was the wiser. Justin’s critics ought to take note of that.
13) His “Swagger Coach” gives him tips on how to be ultra-cool.You may have heard about sports coaches, life coaches, and just about any type of coach there is. But are you familiar with a swagger coach? Well, Justin Bieber has one in the person of Ryan Good, who was one of Usher’s former assistants. Mr. Good instructs and advises JB on how to look, act, and sound cool. Of course, JB is already the embodiment of hip, but there’s always room for improvement, right?
14) He’s one of those who brought Carly Rae Jepsen to the top of the music industry.
Another fact about Justin Bieber is that he played a major role in boosting Carly Rae Jepsen’s career. The singer of “Call Me Mabye” was, until 2012, relatively unknown. Justin helped change that by tweeting about her a couple of times and helping sign her with Scooter Braun. Tweeting may not sound much, but when you’ve got millions of followers, it may just catapult someone to worldwide fame.
15) He loves mayo and tomato on his Wonder Bread.
This is Justin’s favorite sandwich. Sounds like a weird combination, but when you’re a record-breaking star, you don’t care much for what others think you should like. Well, at the very least you won’t let others dictate your taste buds. Who knows? This fact about Justin Bieber may start a never-ending craze over mayo and tomato sandwiches.
16) He’ll date anyone he falls in love with.This Justin Bieber fact is sure to tickle ladies everywhere. True to his down-to-earth nature, the Beebs said that he’s perfectly willing to date anyone he falls in love with, regardless of whether the fortunate girl is a celebrity or a fan. Girls, take note of that! Your dreams of dating the singing sensation might just come true one day. But, of course, you’ll have to catch his eye first.
17) Justin’s fabulous locks are the work of Vanessa Price.
The hairstylist behind Bieber’s fabulous locks is Vanessa Price. Justin’s hairstyle is reportedly among the most recognized as well as the most emulated in the world. Some sources even cite his 2010 change of hairstyle as “The Most Expensive Musical Haircut of All Time” because of the consequent alterations that had to be done to existing Bieber products. One company supposedly dropped $100,000 for its Bieber dolls to sport the new haircut in time for the 2011 Christmas holidays.
18) He prefers buses over planes.While most people love traveling by plane, the pop-music star would rather go on a bus. He even admits to being obsessed about his bus. Hopefully, that’s clear enough so stalkers and fans alike won’t be misled into thinking they might be seatmates with the Bieber himself on just any other bus.
19) His favorite movie of all time is Step Brothers.
Justin just loves the film Step Brothers. When also asked about which movie he loved to quote, he answered the question by quoting some lines out of the same film. He does a great imitation of the character, by the way.
20) He’s the proud owner of a 10,000-square-foot-mansion in California.
For a star who has made it big in the music industry, such a purchase isn’t so surprising. Nevertheless, Justin’s fans will get a kick out of this little bit of information.
21) Bieber’s Twitter account gets a new follower every two seconds.
If there’s ever an indication of how popular Bieber is, aside from his enormous bank account and totally packed shows, it is this massive Twitter following.
There you have 21 facts about Justin Bieber you can add to your widening knowledge base on the world-renowned heartthrob.